Impact Pulveriser also called as Herbs Grinder is a versatile grinding unit of heavy and rugged construction and built for continuous operation day after day. The unit is especially designed for the medium fine, and fine size reduction. The Pulveriser meet most capacity requirements and lend themselves to a wide degree of adjustments with fineness of the finished product ranging from about 60 mesh to bulk passing through 325 mesh, depending on a considerable extent to the particular material being handled. Unlike an ordinary hammer mill, it has no screens to break, wear out or clog in the crushing chamber. Impact Pulverizers combines grinding, classifying and conveying all in one single unit.
Salient Features of Impact Pulverizer
- Compact in design.
- Designed for atmospheric operations.
- Grinding, Classifying and Conveying done all in one single operation.
- Easy to clean and wash.
- User friendly design & less maintenance approach.
- This mill uses air-classification which does not require screen. Hence the problem associated with screen like choking, puncturing, etc. do not arise.
- No dusting from feeding hopper because feeding is done under negative pressure.
- Less dusting on discharge side because of sue of cyclone separator with air ballons.
- It is manually feed is a normal practice. However, it can be supplied with automatic feeding also.
- Water circulation jacket arrangement is an optional feature apart from different style of grinding elements
Working Principle of Impact Pulverizer
Impact Pulverizer consists of an encased rotor carrying swing hammers, whizzer classifier for fineness regulation, and pressure gradient creator mounted on a solid shaft. Raw materials from a feed hopper enters manually, spills into the grinding chamber. The Impact of the hammers on the feed materials against the liner plates, reduces it in to fine powder. The ground materials is carried toward the whizzer classifier for classification, and the oversize particles are rejected by the fineness regulators (Whizzer classifier) and returns to the grinding chamber for further grinding. Classified materials are then conveyed into the cyclone for collection and bagging. A cotton dust bag is provided in the system for ensuring dustless operation and no less of ground powder.
Technical Specification of Impact Pulverizer
||AIP – 12
||Stainless Steel 304
|RPM of Mill
||3000 to 4000
|Feed Size Capacity (Approx.)
||30 – 60 – 150 kgs. Hour
|Max. Permissible Feed Size
||10 to 20 kgs./hour
||100 – 300 Mesh B.S.S.
||1900mm (L) x 1100mm (W) x 3700mm (H) approx.
* Power voltage can be adjusted as per customer’s domestic power voltage requirements.
* Rights of technical improvements & modification reserved.
* Illustrations & dimensions are shown for information purpose only.